Thursday, September 26, 2013

The end comes swiftly.

Almost over. Sadly. Three weeks in the blink of an eye. On my last real day (tomorrow will be all airplane) I wandered. I'm good at it. So good infact, that I wandered to the 52nd floor of Roppongi Hill. This is less a hill and more a self contained skyscraper. It has homes, offices, shops, entertainment, and food. I was only there for the view. 52 stories up and tokyo is pretty pretty.
 Eye to eye with Tokyo Tower.








Roppongi Hill even has an art museum up here. I went through that as well but no pictures! they also had a big Harry Potter exhibit.
Then it was raining and I am museumed, art gallaryed and shopping malled out. So I went to Toho. The theater boasting Japan's larges movie screen. I don't know if I was seated in front of "the largest" one, and for Japan's sake I hope not. But it made me feel better about my tv at home.
After a long and bad movie (Lone Ranger) I moved on to another high spot in Tokyo, The Tokyo Tower. I went up this land mark last time I was here so this time I just looked at it and ate a crepe.
Just across the way from the Tower is a nice Buddhist temple.








 Then I wandered home and had a farewell eggplant curry.

No comments: