Sunday, September 15, 2013

Peace Memorial Museum

I am going to cry about the heat again. It is hot. Today was so hot I almost threw up. Literally.

I took a cab to the Peace Memorial Museum. I blamed the heat for being sick, but it was probably the cab ride. 40 minutes of jerky starts, hard breaks, and swerving in and out of lanes is not that good on my guts. By the time we got there I was sprinting to the bathroom. Things ended well, but it was touch and go for a while.


They had butterfly house!!


12,363 KM is almost far enough away from DC.


 This trail is not a part of the tour.

  Me and the boys. Chillin'. Peace Memorial illin'.

Then some Japanese magic happened. I found an old Japanese man, picked at random, and asked him if he knew where I could catch a taxi. He tried to explain to me that I had goten my white self too far from anywhere that taxis go. At least I think that's what he was saying. Then out of no where he pointed to his truck. And you know I love taking rides from strangers so... 40 mins later this sweet old man dropped me off at my hotel. And he wouldn't even take any money for his trouble. Japan has a lot of awesome going on, but it's friendly, helpful, patient with a chubby white guy people are at the top of the awesome list.

I spent the afternoon in my super A/C'd hotel room enjoying Happiness and sweet potato sticks.


Once the sun went down it was time for a wander. I love to go see what I can see.
 Pen and stationary are a big deal in Japan.
 So are taco balls...?
 Pin stripes and bedazzles on the same gas tank!
 This frog is now a coin purse.



 Rattle snake liquor?


No comments: