Saturday, June 21, 2008

New lens!!!

I did it! I finally talked my self into buying a really nice lens I can't afford. I know this may not be the best use of my money. It being that I drive 35 miles one way to work and gas is hovering around $3400 a gallon...

Lets not focus on the bad...

I did it!

The lens in question is a sexy lil' number by Sigma. It is there 20mm f/1.8 prime aspherical. If you have no idea what that means I will explain.

1) It's sexy.

2) The 20mm makes it a nice wide angle with out being a fisheye.

3) It has the super fantasticly fast shutter speed of 1.8. That means no more shaky low light images. (Go team!)

4) It's prime. That is; it does not zoom. Were a lot of lenses will zoom, for example, from 18-55mm, this one does not. And while a zoom makes for much less of me running around; It also makes for less sharpness in my images.

5) Definition of aspherical: not sphere-shaped; not perfectly spherica. I dunno either. I just know It makes for some really sharp, crisp pictures.

6) It's mine!

Now that we are done learning lets look at the pictures.

This Is something that I don't know what it is. I found it in the back of B&B's van and thought it photo worthy.

This picture has a practical purpose. We needed to see if B&B's son Tate had noticable boggers. The answer is no.

This cat is always sitting in a fern pot outside of Grace and Gm's house.

This barren patch of earth is what is called a "beach" at the Antelope Island State Park.

B's sandels on the Great Salt Lakes Shore.

Here we see Tate giving B a traditional good night poke in the face.



This fountain is tucked away in the corner of Grace's super cool yard/garden.

I ate these... Thats all.

My new lens makes my fur covered helmet even sexier. Didn't know that was possible.


I bought this squid baby in Japan as a gift for B&B. Who wouldn't enjoy something this creepy?

Bobble head cow?

We call her Slowness or Underbite. Neither her name, but shes never said she didn't like being called that.

Cat.


Cat's foot.

Butt found on the previously mentioned "beach".


Who dosen't want a copper roster next to thier fern?

1 comment:

Mist said...

omg.. now you are making me think of new lens :S